A new version of Opentape is now available! This update is contains a few small fixes to the software that make it easier to deploy Opentape on a wider range of web servers with their varying PHP configurations.
Thanks again to everyone who submitted patches and reported bugs.
- Fixed time-clicking/stop playback UI bug. If you clicked on time remaining or total time while track is playing JS errors would be generated and the page would fail. Thanks fusen!
- Fixed preg_replace bug @opentape_common.php 314, thanks harry_tuttle!
- Removed rogue php short tags (How did you all sneak in here?) Thanks Eli!
- Changed Opentape license to AGPL
- Made it possible to empty the artist name and have this show up correctly in the mixtape
- Replaced hacked XSPF implementation with one that uses PHP DOM
- Made XSPF playlist non-cachable via hash in URL. This way tracks play in the correct order after reordering them in the admin panel in all browsers. (Eli)
- Fixed handling of ’” in track and mixtape titles and track names
- Fixed timeout/hang on some systems during password creation or login due to PHP_INT_MAX issue.
- Corrected cookie/session handling to be more reliable, prevents double logins/logouts issue
- Fixed potential security issue where mixtape password could have been changed after the mixtape was setup by loading welcome.php
- Fixed inability to run opentape on a non-standard port
- Assorted PHP syntax fixes that reduce warnings
- PHP-curl extension no longer required for opentape to work. Your installation must allow creation of the http:// stream context though
- Fixed issue when running on win32/php with reading ID3 data
- Added support for servers with magic_quotes_gpc enabled in PHP stripping the quotes in various inputs
- Re-wrote preferences storage to store the password and other data more securely in serialized php files that cannot be retrieved remotely. This feature automatically upgrades from old file format.
- Added index.php files into songs/ and settings/ folders to further protect them
- Added a server-end check to make sure non-mp3 files are not uploaded
- Only scan for MP3s in the songs dir, no other files read or added
- Tracks are added on top as they are uploaded
- If no id3 data is found the filename of the file is now used as the title
Mike at the OStatic blog pointed out that we did not specify an OSS license that we are using to distribute Opentape or the components (Mootools, SWFObject, JW Player, Services_JSON, portions of getid3) that make it work. We’ve reached out to Mike for help in correcting this issue and will address it in the next update. If your specialty is OSS licensing, please get in touch with us.
Thanks everyone for the feedback, we love it and are looking for more.
A few notes:
- Opentape is not affiliated with Muxtape.
- Opentape is built from the ground up with original CSS and backend PHP code. The only element borrowed from Muxtape’s publicly available UI code is the song rearrange tool.